SPARSH is a Society for Promotion of Art, Research into Socio-Economic – Cultural Heritage.
SPARSH operates from Administrative Room, Working Women’s Hostel, Sakchi, Jamshedpur – 831001, Jharkhand, India with an office at H.No-804/T -22, Near Jatra Bagicha, Naya Toli, Sukhdevnagar, Pandra, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
SPARSH operates in the states of Jharkhand, Bihar & West Bengal and Operational Districts are :
East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum, Seraikela- Kharsawn, Dhanbad, Giridih, Ranchi, Palamu, Latehar,
Deoghar ,Chatra, Gaya, Purnia, Hazaribag ,Lohardanga, Asansol, Purulia
Activities that are organized at various locations are as follows:
- Management of Working Women’s Hostel
- Medical/blood donation camps for children/adults& sr. citizens from slum/ bustees
- Awareness on various health & moral issues
- Computer Training to poor girls from slums/bustees & efforts on placement
- Education (Primary) for children from slums/bustees and villages
- NUKKAD Natak: Street Play on AIDS/HIV/Leprosy/Environment /Deaddiction etc. as a part of Socio-CulturalActivities.
- Data collection for socio-economic analysis
- RTI(Right to Information).
The following are the “Thrust Areas”
- Health Care
- Women Empowerment
- Socio-economic Data Analysis
- Awareness Building
- Environmental Concerns
- Social Upliftment
- Socio-Cultural Activities
- Sanitation Campaign
- Art Artisan and Artifact
- Performing Art Project
- Training of Self Help Group
- Marketing of Products.